Lady Godiva- John Collier

02:25


Rather proud of the outcome of this painting. Although my studies are fast becoming some of my favourite paintings! I think after doing a few of these I should now consider my own composition.. Perhaps a pre-raph style one to keep me comfortable and see how it goes from there!

I think part of my issue when it comes to creating my own paintings is that I just want to dive straight into it (like when I'm painting a study like this) but it actually needs some careful planning and designing to get to this stage.

Details- in some parts you can still see my black sketch underneath. I can't decide whether this is my 'style' or just me being lazy, so I should probably try and see if I can do a painting without keeping some of the original lines.

The horse and background certainly got quite impressionist-y. Again, still trying to decide whether this is partly my style or laziness?


For some reason I can't get the video onto here so a link will have to suffice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K3Gc6M_Rns
But this is the time lapse video- I enjoy recording as I work and being able to watch it back :)

As I mentioned in the captions, I still can't work out whether part of my techniques are just my style or laziness? I do have a fixation with trying to work quicker and quicker; when I first did art in GCSE I could spend weeks on a painting and my teachers always told me to get quicker so I could get more done, so I wonder whether it comes from that?

Does anybody else have this issue? Feel free to comment below, I'd love to hear from others!

You Might Also Like

0 comments